Our Software Engineering research group utilises computer science and engineering principles to develop and maintain high-quality software.
Software-intensive products and services are required by a range of industries, including:
- health care
- minerals and energy
- local government
We are predominantly focused on developing and evaluating:
- tools that support software-intensive systems’ design, analysis and evolution
- data analytics systems that uncover new information from large-scale software repositories
Through our research, we seek to enhance human and technological competencies in relation to designing, analysing, and evolving high-quality software-intensive systems.
We aim to find new ways to uncover knowledge hidden in software repositories and design software that better meets both functional and non-functional requirements, such as security.
Our group’s research and development has a variety of real-world applications.
This includes helping industry partners to:
- leverage virtualised, Internet of Things (IoT) and ‘big data’ technologies to design and evaluate secure, ‘softwarised’ infrastructure and services
- navigate large amounts of textual and quantitative data
We advise on, and lead, projects relating to:
- software-engineering research projects
- custom software technology development and evaluation
- modern software development processes and tool support
Higher degree by research opportunities
Whether you intend to work in research or industry, a higher degree by research can give you a competitive edge throughout your career.
Find out more about studying a Master of Philosophy Master of Philosophy (MPhil) or Doctor of Philosophy (PhD).