Our award winning biological science research is providing benefits for human health, including new diagnostic tests, drugs and therapies.
Our environmental scientists provide new understanding and tools to better monitor and manage biodiversity, invasive species and ecosystems; while our palaeontologists and evolutionary biologists learn from the past to better manage the future world.
Institutes, centres and facilities
Institutes and centres
- Environment Institute
- Acid Sulfate Soils Centre
- Australian Bioactive Compounds Centre
- Australian Centre for Ancient DNA
- Australian Centre for Antimicrobial Resistance Ecology (ACARE)
- Australian Centre for Evolutionary Biology & Biodiversity
- Australia-China Joint Research Centre of Grains for Health
- Centre of Excellence for Australian Biodiversity & Heritage
- Centre of Light for Life
- Research Centre for Infectious Diseases
- TERN Ecosystem Research Infrastructure
- Water Research Centre
Research facilities and field stations
If you’re looking for expertise and resources to help your organisation achieve its objectives, learn how you can partner with us.
For a discussion about how you can support a specific area of research, contact our Development Team on +61 8313 5800, email email@example.com or donate online.