The School of Physical Sciences attracts world-class researchers and innovative science students who share a passion for making new discoveries in the fields of chemistry, earth sciences and physics.
Our research world-firsts capture international attention in the world's best research journals. These breakthroughs, which have the potential to change lives, attract extensive external funding and create new opportunities for international collaboration.
Centres and institutes
- Australian Critical Minerals Research Centre
- ARC Centre of Excellence for Dark Matter Particle Physics - ARC_DMPP
- ARC Centre of Excellence for Gravitational Wave Discovery - OzGrav
- ARC Centre of Excellence for Particle Physics at the Terascale - CoEPP
- ARC Special Research Centre for the Subatomic Structure of Matter - CSSM
- Centre for Complex Systems and the Structure of Matter - C2SSM
- Centre for Energy Technology
- Centre for Nanoscale BioPhotonics - CNBP
- Centre for Radiation Research Education and Innovation - CRREI
- Institute for Mineral and Energy Resources - IMER
- Institute of Photonics & Advanced Sensing - IPAS
- Mawson Geo Centre
- MinEx Cooperative Research Centre
- Sprigg Geobiology Centre
If you’re looking for expertise and resources to help your organisation achieve its objectives, learn how you can partner with us.