The School of Architecture and Built Environment welcomes visiting scholars to contribute to the academic life of the school through the exchange of ideas and research, and the creation of research collaborations with School of Architecture and Built Environment (SABE) staff.
- Visiting scholars are self-funded and require a sponsor from within the School of Architecture and Built Environment supporting the application.
- Visiting scholars will usually have continuing appointments at other universities or academic institutions. They are expected to return to their home institutions at the end of their visit.
- There is no application fee at present for the visitor program.
Before applying for the visiting scholars' program:
- Applicants need to make contact with a member of academic staff in the School of Architecture and Built environment to ask whether they are willing to sponsor the visit.
- Send an e-mail including your research plan and current curriculum vitae to a faculty member working in your area and ask if they might be willing to act as your sponsor.
- Sponsors will be required to provide you with an email or letter indicating their willingness to serve as a sponsor for your visit and a statement describing the benefits of your visit to the School of Architecture and the Built Environment, including the potential for ongoing research and collaborations.
Application form and supplementary materials
Once you have secured an academic staff sponsor:
Please complete the Visiting Scholar Application Form below and send it to the email address indicated on the form. In addition to the application form, please include the following supporting documents:
- Current curriculum vitae (including name, position, and contact information of 2 referees).
- Letter from the Dean/Department Head/supervisor at home institution on letterhead paper indicating support for the visit to Adelaide and confirming continuing academic appointment.
- Copy of the e-mail or letter from a SABE academic staff member in support of your application.
- A two-page research plan/project.
Deadlines and acceptance
- All visitors need to complete the Visiting Scholar Application Form at least 6 months prior to their intended visit.
- Applications are reviewed quarterly by the Head of School.
- We will notify you on receipt of your application. If your application is accepted, you will receive a letter of invitation.
- Once you have received a letter of invitation from the School of Architecture and Built Environment, it is your responsibility to determine what visa you require. Visa information can be found on the University of Adelaide website, or through the Department of Immigration and Border Protection.
Please note that the School of Architecture and Built Environment receives many applications from prospective visitors, and due to space restrictions not all applications will be successful.
Interested in collaborating with us?
Please complete the following form to submit your interest in working with us and direct any questions about the application process to the Associate Head of Research.