Mentors and Volunteers
We seek vibrant and enthusiastic student mentors, volunteers and ambassadors to support first-year students and inspire others to study science, engineering and technology.
As a faculty volunteer or ambassador, you will have the opportunity to contribute to a number of areas, including:
- engagement in the community and industry
- outreach activities
- promotional events.
Participating in the program will also allow you to stand out against competing graduates, as it will help you to develop your communication and leadership skills.
The faculty Peer Mentoring Program is designed to provide new students with the knowledge and skills to adapt to and succeed at university.
We need students who are eager to share ‘insider’ information to help new students fit in and feel confident with their studies. Our program is an informal way for new students to meet people, engage in activities and receive ongoing peer support.
Be involved in:
- Orientation activities
- Peer mentoring
- Career and networking events
If you are research-minded, there are also opportunities to assist with exciting and innovative laboratory and field work.
Take this opportunity to make an important contribution. Help create a vibrant learning environment within the faculty today.
Applications for Peer Mentors currently closed.
Make a lasting impact within your faculty and boost your professional credentials.
- Develop career readiness skills including marketing, communications, administration, social media, customer service, research and critical thinking.
- Gain transferable professional and personal skills that will develop your employability and enhance your resume.
- Develop and expand your networks with fellow students and academics through involvement in the faculty community.
- Use this experience to count towards their Adelaide Graduate Award.
Be involved in:
- Open Day and science fairs
- Young Women in STEM
- Student led tours
- Social media
Applications for Student Ambassadors are generally open annually between September and January. If you apply outside of this time, we will add you to a wait list and contact you when a position becomes available.
Recruitment for student ambassadors is currently on hold.