The Faculty of Sciences, Engineering and Technology is a dedicated team of academic, research and professional staff, all strongly committed to enhancing our students’ learning experience and collaborating with external partners to solve real-world challenges in STEM.
Professor Katrina Falkner FTSE
Professor Falkner is a Computer Scientist and Executive Dean for the Faculty of Sciences, Engineering and Technology at the University of Adelaide. Professor Falkner leads the Computer Science Education Research Group (CSER), including their national STEM Professional Learning program, and has extensive experience in industry consultation, working with DST Group, NICTA, Google US, Google Australia & New Zealand, the Department of Education and Training, and Telstra Foundation, addressing Computer Science Education, Defence Systems and STEM Equity. Professor Falkner has attracted over $26 million in government and industry funding to support her research and community work, focussing on addressing inequities in education and access to technology. Prof Falkner is a passionate supporter of Women in STEM, leading initiatives to promote equity and diversity across the higher education sector.
Professor Falkner contributes to the national STEM conversation as a Fellow of the Australian Academy of Technological Sciences and Engineering and through her involvement in the Australian Councils of Dean of Science (2022-), Engineering (2019-) and ICT (2018-2020), including her term as President of the Council of ICT Deans, the Inaugural ACDICT Learning and Teaching Academy Executive (2011-2012), and the Inaugural Australian Computer Society Education Board (2015-2017).
Faculty Executive Director
Heads of Schools
- Professor David Lewis - School of Chemical Engineering
- Professor Abelardo Pardo - School of Computer and Mathematical Sciences
- Professor Jane Burry - School of Architecture and Civil Engineering
- Professor Nelson Tansu - School of Electrical and Mechanical Engineering
- Professor Jason Able - School of Agriculture, Food and Wine
- Professor Rob Woodgate - School of Animal and Veterinary Sciences
- Professor Bronwyn Gillanders - School of Biological Sciences
- Professor Christopher Sumby - School of Physics, Chemistry and Earth Science
Connect with our world-class researchers and supervisors across the Faculty of Science, Engineering and Technology.