The faculty is committed to delivering outstanding research that helps solve complex global problems and contributes to national priorities.
We’re home to a number of world-class research institutes and centres, where our students learn from internationally renowned academics at the cutting edge of research and discovery.
We address global needs in collaboration with industry, government and the broader community.
Our campuses are home to a number of co-located industry partners, affiliated researchers and research institutes of international significance. This close proximity offers a unique opportunity for our students to gain practical and theoretical knowledge through dynamic national and international research projects.
Agriculture, food and wine
- Biometry and statistics
- Crop bioinformatics
- Entomology and pollination
- Farming systems
- Plant biology, pathology and biochemistry
- Plant breeding innovation
- Soil science
- Water decisions
Animal and veterinary
Architecture and built environment
Chemical engineering and advanced materials
Chemistry, earth sciences and physics
- Energy, materials and environmental chemistry
- Medicinal and biological chemistry
- Underpinning capabilities in chemistry
- Mineral and energy systems
- Tectonics and solid earth processes
- Palaeoclimatology, palaeontology and palaeoenvironments
- Environmental geochemistry
Civil, environmental and mining engineering
Electrical and electronic engineering
Petroleum and energy resources
Centre for Automotive Safety Research
Teletraffic Research Centre