Austmine Internships: STEM METS Career Pathway Program
This program will provide second, third, fourth year and master level students, currently studying any STEM degree, with a 10-week paid internship during the 2021/ 22 summer break.
This includes online coaching and industry insights, and access to an online network of your peers and potential employers.
Many degrees require practical, on the job experience in order to graduate, and if you are successful in your application to Austmine’s program – you’ll get just that.
Successful applicants receive:
- a paid 10 week internship with an Austmine member company in the Australian Mining, Equipment, Technology and Services (METS) sector during the summer period
- online training events delivered by Austmine, featuring industry speakers, to help you prepare for a future career in the METS sector
- a student membership to Austmine for 12 months, allowing you access to member news, resources and discounted pricing for networking events
- access to a dedicated STEM Careers in METS LinkedIn Group to help you grow your network in the sector
- ongoing support from Austmine throughout your internship.
Applications close Thursday 24 June 2021.
To apply, attend one of the three information sessions to find out more.
Austmine is the leading industry body for the Australian Mining, Equipment, Technology and Services (METS) sector. Austmine exists to develop the METS sector and provide growth opportunities and value to their members, so they can achieve greater success.
Austmine, together with METS Ignited, the Federal Government's Industry Growth Centre dedicated to the METS sector, is working to improve the number of students seeking a career in the METS sector, through the STEM METS Career Pathway Program.
Tune into an online information sessions to learn more
What to expect:
- Hear about the program
- Participate in a Q&A session where you will have a chance to ask the Austmine team questions
- E-meet employers in the program will also be in attendance to discuss the internships they are offering.
- Wednesday 9-June 2021, 2:30pm – 3:30pm
- Wednesday 16-June 2021, 12:30pm – 1:30pm
- Wednesday 23-June 2021, 4:30pm – 5:30pm