2022 Westpac Future Leaders Scholarship
The Westpac Future Leaders Scholarship, valued up to $120,000, provides final year, honours and postgrad students access to support and networks to help them back their ideas and make a real difference through their research and studies.
17 scholarships are awarded every year to individuals from all backgrounds who are starting postgraduate studies at one of Westpac's nine partner universities.
What makes this scholarship program unique?
The Westpac Future Leaders Scholarship includes:
- up to $120,000 in scholarship funding over 2-3 years to cover costs including course fees, living expenses, learning experiences and travel expenses
- a bespoke Leadership Development Program designed to foster potential of emerging leaders by building on your unique strengths and developing capabilities for success. It includes two residentials during the nine-month program
- opportunity to add a global context to your education, with tailored international experiences of up to six months (when possible and COVID travel restrictions permitting)
- lifelong membership of the W100 – a diverse and growing network of inspiring Aussies ready to collaborate, challenge and offer support. Plus hard-to-access networking and professional development opportunities
- attendance at the Westpac Scholars Summit in Sydney (travel restrictions dependent).
Who are Westpac looking for?
- Talented individuals commencing postgrad
- Current Honours / final year university students across all schools
- Potential students interested in postgraduate study at your uni
- Former students who completed undergraduate degree within the last 5 years
- Individuals whose area of academic interest aligns with our priority areas – technology and innovation, fostering Australia-Asia ties, and enabling positive social change – and who have the potential to make a difference in Australia
- Ideally Aussies from all walks of life and diverse backgrounds – this is a key priority in 2021
Important dates to note:
- 17 June 2021: Applications open
- 27 July 2021: Westpac Future Leaders Scholarship online info session (6:00pm AEST)
- 2 September 2021: Applications close (5:00pm AEST)
- 7-8 December 2021: National Assessment Centre in Sydney
- 16 December 2021: Notification of outcome
- 13-18 February 2022: Leadership Development Program: Sydney Residential
- 7-8 April 2022: Westpac Scholars Summit in Sydney
What do prospective Westpac Scholars need to know?
- The Westpac Future Leaders Scholarship, valued up to $120,000, provides access to support and networks to help you back your ideas and make a difference through your postgraduate research and studies
- The Scholarship includes a dedicated Leadership Development Program designed to prepare you to be the leader you want to be
- As a Westpac Scholar, you’ll join over 500 talented Aussies in the W100 – a diverse network offering development opportunities, ongoing support and a sense of belonging
- If you’re a bright spark who loves to solve problems, and are starting postgrad next year, apply for a 2022 Westpac Future Leaders Scholarship.