Learn to Program: R at UOA Online
- Date: Mon, 22 - Tue, 23 Feb 2021
- Location: Online
- Cost: Free
- Contact: Marium Khan email@example.com
R is quickly gaining popularity as a programming language of choice for statisticians, data scientists and researchers.
But getting started can be challenging, particularly if you've never programmed before.
That's where this 2 day introductory course from Intersect and CaRST comes in. Join us for a live coding workshop where we write programs that produce results, using the researcher-focused training modules from the highly regarded Software Carpentry Foundation.
No prior programming experience required.
- Basic syntax and data types in R
- How to load external data into R
- Creating functions (FUNCTIONS)
- Repeating actions and analysing multiple data sets (LOOPS)
- Making choices (IF STATEMENTS - CONDITIONALS)
- Ways to visualise data.
Register by 19 February 2021.