Adelaide Spectroscopy provides NMR, Mass Spectrometry and spectrophotometer research equipment for internal and external researchers in, or associated with, the chemical sciences.
Housed within the Badger building on the University's North Terrace campus is our facility with a prime focus on chemistry research. The facility offers a range of NMR and Mass Spectrometry services as well as training for hands on use of the equipment.
The following equipment is available for use within the Adelaide Spectroscopy facility:
- Agilent HRMS Mass Spectrometer
- Micromass (Waters) QTOF Mass Spectrometer
- Shimadzu GC-2010 GC-Mass Spectrometer
- Shimadzu Tracia Gas Chromatograph
- Shimadzu Nexis Gas Chromatograph
- Shimadzu Liquid Chromatograph
- Agilent 500MHz NMR spectrometer
- Agilent 600MHz NMR spectrometer
- Cary 5000 UV-Vis spectrophotometer
- Cary Eclipse Fluorescence spectrophotometer
- Perkin Elmer FTIR spectrometer
- FLUOstar Plate Reader
If you would like to carry out any of our services, discuss the capabilities in further detail, including methodologies, or simply explore the possibilities available please contact us.
- Professor Hugh Harris - Scientific Director
- Paul Smith - Research Technical Services and Facilities Team Leader
- Matthew Bull - Senior Services & Facilities Officer (Analytical)
Adelaide Spectroscopy is located at:
Lower Ground Floor,
North Terrace Campus
THE UNIVERSITY OF ADELAIDE
SA 5005 AUSTRALIA