Introduction to Experimental Design workshop - Online
- Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2022, 8:45 am - 5:00 pm
- Location: Online via Zoom
- Cost: $200 or $120 for those working on GRDC projects inc. GST
- Contact: Biometry Training (08) 8313 0239
- Email: email@example.com
Have you wondered about the principles behind experimental design?
Why are you told to take the number of samples you take? Would you like to be able to design and understand simple experiments yourself? Then this workshop is for you!
Why would you learn Experimental Design?
- Understanding the design of an experiment is crucial to analysing it and the data you gather.
- You regularly run small experiments and would like to understand the best way to set them up.
- The design influences the number of samples you will need to take.
Why should you do this course?
- SAGI-STH has developed the Biometry Education Initiative to tailor to the needs of researchers in the Australian Grains Industry.
- The course is run by grains industry researchers, for grains industry researchers. Researchers in other agricultural industries are also more than welcome to attend!
- The course is non-threatening, with plenty of examples and hands-on practice to help you get familiar with the material.
What will you get out of it?
- You will become familiar with the basics of experimental design
- Practice using R and some relevant packages for real world examples.
- You will learn how to estimate the number of samples you will require.
- A better understanding of why your experiment was designed the way it was.
Maximum number of attendees: 20. Participants are required to have their own computer and should have headphones for optimal online participation.