We deliver applied outcomes that are adopted by scientific and agricultural communities across Australia and the world.
The School of Agriculture, Food & Wine is co-located with several complementary organisations and centres. We are engaged in world-class research and development in plant, agricultural, food, wine and natural resources science.
We have a wide range of research groups to respond to industry challenges for today and tomorrow:
- Legumes and nitrogen fixation
- SA Drought Hub
- Weed Science Research Group
- Australian Plant Phenomics Facility & The Plant Accelerator
- University of Adelaide – Shanghi Jiao Tong University Joint Laboratory for Plant Science and Breeding
- Membrane Transporter Expression Facility
- Australian Plant Breeding Academy
- Fertiliser Technology Research Centre
- Soil ecology research group
- ARC Graphene Hub
- Biometry Hub
- ARC Training Centre for Future Crops Development
- ARC Centre of Excellence in Plants for Space
The School of Agriculture, Food and Wine has research facilities and services available to both internal and external organisations.
Waite Research Institute
The Waite Research Institute drives innovation to secure a sustainable future for Agriculture - by creating high-quality, nutritious and climate-resilient products. We do this through close partnerships with the agriculture, food and wine sectors.
Higher degree by research opportunities
Build hands-on scientific, technological and critical thinking skills through a Higher Degree by Research. With a focus on addressing global challenges in Agriculture, Food and Wine, research students can strive to truly make an impact.
Connect with our world-class researchers.