Hickinbotham Roseworthy Wine Science Laboratory
The University of Adelaide’s Hickinbotham Roseworthy Wine Science Laboratory (HRWSL) houses state of the art fermentation and winemaking equipment for teaching oenology students and conducting research.
Research projects are conducted on a regular basis by all WIC partners, encompassing a wide range of areas including:
- the use of new hybrid and non hybrid yeasts
- different strains of malolactic acid bacteria
- enzymes used for increasing colour extraction, juice clarification and settling
- accelerated yeast autolysis
- the performance of different closures for wine ageing and development.