Graduate program: Department of Industry, Science, Energy and Resources
The Graduate Development Program at the Department of Industry, Science, Energy and Resources is a great way to start your career not only in the Australian Public Service (APS) but in a department that values a strong culture of inclusion, diversity, respect and embraces the unique skills and qualities of their employees.
The Department of Industry, Science, Energy and Resources is looking for graduates with qualifications in science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM).
Successful applicants will be considered for positions in a range of host departments in STEM specific roles. This may include working in areas such as
- women in STEM
- international and national space negotiations and agreements
- earth observations
- neuromorphic engineering
- chemical and biological analysis
- electro technology.
The program offers:
- a structured 12-month training and development program
- 2 work placements to experience diverse roles and responsibilities across the department
- starting salary of $67,094 plus 15.4% superannuation
- advancement to APS 5 (current salary of $77,913 plus 15.4% superannuation) once you successfully complete the program
- an optional 6-month career transition support after the program with tailored professional development activities
To be eligible you must be an Australian citizen and have completed a minimum of a three-year undergraduate degree within the last 5 years (completed between 1 January 2016 and 31 December 2020)
Applications close Wednesday 6 May.