Saab Australia 2022 Graduate Engineering Program
Do you want to drive innovation to deliver complex systems that impact people’s lives?
At Saab Australia, we’re pioneering Australia’s defence capability with ongoing development of advanced defence and security technologies. Saab develops everything from combat, communications and security systems, to mixed reality and cyber security solutions.
For over 30 years, we have built a proud reputation of driving solutions that keep us ahead of today’s complex challenges and we are now seeking our employees-of-tomorrow to join our thinking edge, as we head towards our next innovative chapter. Apply today to join our crew and deliver solutions with purpose.
As a Saab Graduate, you will work alongside experienced engineers to deliver world leading and innovative projects.
Saab’s Graduate Program is a two year program, which offers you the opportunity to work across two or three teams through structured rotations across the business. These rotations are individually tailored to your current skills and developmental needs, business requirements and individual preferences.
Following the successful completion of the program, you will be placed into a permanent position within the business so that you can continue the growth of your exciting new career.
Our 2022 program will be comprised of the following graduate roles:
- Software Engineering within our 9LV Combat Management System, Submarine Control & Monitoring System (ISCMMs) and OneView Security product teams
- Hardware Engineering, focusing on electrical/electronic and mechanical/mechatronic physical solutions for our 9LV Combat Management System, Submarine Control & Monitoring System (ISCMMs) and innovative OneView security system
- Combat System Engineering design across the Royal Australian Navy’s surface fleet
- Modelling & Analysis of Naval Combat System solutions
- Integrated Logistics Support Engineering of Naval Combat System solutions
We are seeking talented and inquisitive problem-solvers, who are interested in designing and developing products that will help to keep people and society safe.
To be eligible for the Saab Australia Graduate Program, you will need to meet the following criteria:
- Completed within the last two (2) years, or about to complete, a Bachelor’s Degree, specialising in:
- Software Engineering/Computer Science
- Computer Systems/Networking/IT
- Electrical/Electronics Engineering
- Mechanical/Mechatronics Engineering
- Or a related technical discipline
- As Defence security clearance is required for this role, you will be an Australian citizen and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
Culture and benefits
We employ over 500 Australians and are committed to fostering a culture of excellence and enriching the employee experience. By joining Saab, you’ll be a part of a collaborative and supportive organisation, where your professional growth and work-life balance are emphasised. You’ll work within an innovative and vibrant workplace and have the opportunity to develop a long-term, fulfilling career.
Saab Australia is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply. We also welcome applications from individuals with culturally diverse backgrounds.
Saab Australia is a proud supporter of the Veterans’ Employment Program and welcomes the interest of ex-service members, veterans and their families
How to apply
Applications close Monday 4 April 2021.