Canva seeking software engineering (frontend) intern
Located in Sydney, Australia
At Canva, we work every day to make a significant positive impact on society. Our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for everyone on every computing platform!
Since launch in April 2013 we have grown exponentially, amassing over 55 million monthly active users in over 100 languages, making us one of the world's fastest growing technology companies. We're growing rapidly and building a product that users really love.
As a software engineering intern, you will have the opportunity to learn from engineers from the likes of Google, JetBrains, Yandex, Atlassian, Amazon, Facebook, and popular technology houses from all over the world. You will get the opportunity to learn and apply best-practice software engineering, focused on strong software engineering fundamentals and pragmatism.
You will have the opportunity to do meaningful work and build features and functionality that impacts millions of users around the world.
About the role
This will be perfect for you if you:
- Are currently within 12-18 months of completing a Bachelor's or Master's degree, at any stage in your PhD, or have completed software engineering/web development certifications
- Have strong Computing and Object-Oriented Programming (OOP) Fundamentals
- Have strong verbal and written communication skills
- Have the desire to learn and grow as a technologist
- Have less than a year of full-time software engineering experience excluding internships.
Unfortunately, Canva does not sponsor immigration visas for internships at this time.
We ensure that the Canva workspace is set up for you to do your best work and have a great time doing so, with breakout areas, little nooks, quiet places to retreat.
We have three in-house chefs that whip up amazing breakfasts and lunches for the whole team, check out what's cooking.
If you're about to graduate and seeking a truly challenging opportunity with one of the world’s premier technology companies, then apply now to start the discussion with us!