Be the new Data Analytics Intern at Canva
Located in Sydney, Australia
At Canva, we work every day to make a significant positive impact on society. Our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for everyone on every computing platform!
Since launch in April 2013 we have grown exponentially, amassing over 55 million monthly active users in over 100 languages, making us one of the world's fastest growing technology companies. We're growing rapidly and building a product that users really love.
As a Data Analytics Intern, you will have the opportunity to learn from a world-class team of Data Analysts, working on a modern data stack with a truly enormous amount of data. Our Analysts have come from a range of companies and institutions from all over the world, and are solving some of the most challenging problems in data.
You will have the opportunity to do meaningful work and help build features and functionality that impacts millions of users around the world. Data Analytics at Canva is all about understanding our product and customers, so that we can anticipate their needs and provide the best possible product for them.
About the role
What you'll do:
- Help us understand both Canva and our customers - we want you to be creative and insightful, rather than just throwing the usual metrics at the wall to see what sticks
- Suggest, set up, and run interesting experiments that will actually move our metrics – when we push tests to 100% we want to actually see the bump in the relevant metrics
- Work alongside other data analysts, software engineers, and product managers to build up your mental model of how our product works and how people are using it
- Build and maintain data models in our data warehouse
- Analyse A/B tests to uncover the best way forward for our product
- Create predictive models that can help us understand where we’re headed.
This will be perfect for you if you:
- Are currently within 12-18 months of completing a Bachelor's or Master's degree (or at any stage in your PhD) in a STEM area, or have completed IT/Data-related certifications
- Have experience wrangling and analyzing data using Python or R
- Have strong competency with SQL; experience with big data SQL
- Have strong communication skills and are able to break down complex topics into simple solutions and ideas
- Are available to do the 12-week internship program from early December 2021 to late February 2022. We are able to adjust this slightly depending on your university course load on a case by case basis.
How to apply
You'll need to provide the latest PDF copies of your CV and grades/transcript (or certificate of completion from IT/Data-related courses).
We ensure that the Canva workspace is set up for you to do your best work and have a great time doing so, with breakout areas, little nooks, quiet places to retreat.
We have three in-house chefs that whip up amazing breakfasts and lunches for the whole team, check out what's cooking.
If you're about to graduate and seeking a truly challenging opportunity with one of the world’s premier technology companies, then apply now to start the discussion with us!