Job opportunity: District Council of Yankalilla seeking civil engineering student
District Council of Yankalilla (DCY) are seeking a final year Civil Engineering student or recent graduate to assist the Civil Engineering Officer with management of infrastructure assets across the district.
This is a full time position, but DCY are prepared to negotiate a flexible working arrangement with the right candidate to complete studies.
The District Council of Yankalilla is a regional Council located approximately 1 hour south of Adelaide’s CBD on the Fleurieu Peninsula, covering 730km2 with a mix of rural and coastal environments.
- Assess the traffic and stormwater impacts associated with development applications and ensuring compliance with relevant standards, industry guides and Council Policy
- Investigate, record, and resolve resident inquiries regarding Council's infrastructure assets
- Review of traffic management plans and preparation of traffic impact statements
- Assessment of tender submissions for civil construction works and engineering Consultancies
- Review of civil construction drawings and designs
- Assistance with management of external contractors undertaking civil construction works (road and bridge) including onsite inspections
- Bachelor of Engineering (Civil) Student in final year of study or recent graduate – or a student due to graduate in 2021
- Unrestricted drivers' license and reliable transport to Yankalilla (no public transport services are available)
- a high level of written, verbal and interpersonal communication skill
- ability to communicate concepts and ideas to both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- ability to work both independently and as part of a small team
- self-motivated, have a strong work ethic, possess high attention to detail and the ability to multi-task
- Strong analytical and problem solving skill
- Desirable - Construction industry induction card.
Applications close Wednesday 30 June 2021.