Food (science), glorious food (science)
Millie is a die-hard foodie.
- Role: Quality Assurance Assistant
- Organisation: Mexex Food Production
- LinkedIn: Millie Shinkfield
- University of Adelaide degree: Bachelor of Food & Nutrition Science
She loves nothing more than deconstructing the textures and flavours of her favourite dishes when dining out…much to the annoyance of her friends.
She does, however, know what she is talking about.
Using her knowledge of food science, she spends her days inspecting products and testing them in the lab to ensure Mexex’s food meets the required quality and safety standards.
Join us for her conversation with presenter Sarah Davidson as she talks about the versatility of the humble potato (including its use in ice cream!), what inspired her to focus on food waste for her honours project and the pathway that has led her to be in her element.
"Science is behind any area. It’s about understanding the world around you and then being able to make it better from that understanding.”Millie Shinkfield - Quality Assurance Assistant, Mexex
- Learn more about the Bachelor of Food and Nutrition Science at the University of Adelaide.
- See what researchers at the University of Adelaide are doing in the disciplines of wine, food and nutrition science.
- Check out the Mexex website - a South Australian based food manufacturer specialising in Aseptic and Hot Fill processing of dairy and vegetable-based products.