UG Civil Environmental internship with Mt Barker District Council
The Mount Barker District Council is seeking expressions of interest from a 3rd or 4th Year Civil Environmental Undergraduate for a 12 week unpaid placement commencing on Monday 2 November 2020.
The unpaid placement will be completed full time, Monday - Friday for 12 weeks. This will be able to be counted towards your technical practical experience. Exams will be accommodated.
Council will take a maximum of 2 undergraduates in either their 3rd or 4th year of study and have not already attained the work placement required for graduation. A great opportunity to gain some valuable work experience to apply your skills and be mentored to prepare you for your first role.
- Provide engineering and technical advice and assessment of development applications and developer construction
- For nominated developments, under supervision and direction, verify the quality of construction works carried out by developers
- Under supervision and direction, provide engineering technical advice to other areas of the organisation to assist in the delivery of projects/programs delivered by others
- Provide input to nominated capital infrastructure projects
- Assist in the capture and review of infrastructure asset data (eg stormwater, wastewater and roads)
- Assist with the planning for stormwater, roads and wastewater infrastructure
- Undertaking in collaboration with others, research, investigations, analysis, problem solving and reporting on projects as required
- Have a current and valid SA Drivers Licence as you will be required to drive the council cars to site.
Applications close Friday 16 October.