Sciences home to some of the world’s most influential researchers
The University of Adelaide is proud home to a dozen of the world’s most influential researchers – they are named among the Highly Cited Researchers 2019 from the Web of Science Group.
The Who’s Who of influential researchers is produced annually and lists scientists and social scientists who produced multiple papers ranking in the top 1% of citations in 21 broad research fields.
It is a measure of the number of times their research is referenced by other researchers – demonstrating significant research impact among their peers.
“Congratulations to these 12 top talent researchers, recognised globally for the incredible impact they have on their fields of research,” says Professor Anton Middelberg, Deputy Vice-Chancellor Research.
“These researchers are on this list both because of the quality of their research and their significant outputs – they are helping shape our future and advancing society – making a better world.”
The Faculty of Sciences' highly cited researchers are:
Other University of Adelaide researchers:
- Dr Yan Jiao, Senior Lecturer, School of Chemical Engineering and Advanced Materials – Chemistry
- Dr Yao Zheng, Postdoctoral Research Fellow, School of Chemical Engineering and Advanced Materials – Chemistry
- Professor John A. Spertus, Adelaide Medical School – Clinical Medicine
- Professor Shaobin Wang, School of Chemical Engineering and Advanced Materials – Engineering
- Professor Mark Jenkinson, Professor of Neuroimaging, School of Computer Science and Australian Institute for Machine Learning (with University of Oxford) – Neuroscience and Behaviour