As a student at the Faculty of Science, Engineering, and Technology our support team provides information, resources and support services to ensure you get the most out of your studies.
Navigating university life can be tricky. We encourage you to reach out and utilise the support service available.
The University of Adelaide has a variety of resources available to help you prepare and manage your academic study.
Student service hubs
Program / course coordinators
Ask Adelaide is here to help you through your student journey!
They can help with all your general enquiries by live chat, phone, email or in person. If your enquiry is more complex, they’ll refer you to the right place to get the help you need.
Need help 24/7? Find answers to hundreds of frequently asked questions online, anytime in AskADEL.
Student services and support
The academic support we offer comes in many different forms, such as drop-in centres, workshops and online resources. The range of academic support on offer caters for the varying needs of individuals and we encourage you to access multiple services.
Sometimes, things can be a bit overwhelming or you may just need a little extra personal help when you arrive. The University offers a range of services to help you balance your activities while maintaining your physical and mental well-being.
For many students, study is only one part of their life. There is also part-time work, family commitments, sport and a social life.
Campus life and opportunities
University is not just about studying. It’s also a great chance to explore new interests and make friends. These extra-curricula activities can really add value to your university experience.
There are also a variety of opportunities for you to consider; like career services, studying abroad, internships etc.
Services and support
Search the knowledge base
Get the answers you need 24/7 from the Student FAQs.
Study plan and degree options
- Where can I find my study plan?
- What is the difference between a core course and an elective?
- What electives should I study?
- What are the different types of classes?
- What's the difference between part-time and full-time study?
- Can I transfer to another degree?
- If I've accepted my SATAC offer and enrolled, but now want to defer, what should I do?
- How do I take a break from study?
- How do I get a student ID card?
- Is Microsoft Office 365 available for students and staff?
- How do I connect to the University's wireless network?
- How do I hire a locker in Hub Central?
- What's my student email address?
- Where can I buy my textbooks?
- How do I book a project room in Hub Central?
- How can I get my course reader?